RANTINGS AND RAVINGS OF AN OLD MAN TRULY RUINED BY SPORT

Tuesday, June 7, 2011

Fly Fishing: Big Hole Once Again on the Rise...


The Big Hole is once again on the rise, 6470 cfs this morning. With rain forecast for the next three days no doubt it will go much higher. How high is, as I've mentioned previously, more than I care to guess. Obviously judging this video of Wise River any drop in the near future seems unlikely, rain or no rain...

The crick we had intended to fish was also in full flood mode. I did swing a couple soft hackles through a beaver dam and hooked a very cold brookie which got off just as I was about to slip the hook from its jaw. Further harassment seemed foolish so we took a drive to a nearby crick, also in flood, where for reasons still escape me I rolled up my sleeve and...reached down into the maelstrom to check the bugs...bad idea. I'm here to tell you plunging hand into a bag of ice could not be any colder. I mean my hand and arm went instantly numb...I know at my age should be way beyond such foolishness but...

No comments:

Post a Comment