RANTINGS AND RAVINGS OF AN OLD MAN TRULY RUINED BY SPORT

Friday, November 15, 2013

Fly Tying...

...goodie box arrived yesterday; as expected, inside were more than a few surprises. Like most things when it comes to tying flies I am long on tradition and way short on keeping pace with the recent explosion of new materials and, perhaps more to the point, the flood of new and improved tying techniques today's army of innovative tyers seem to unveil almost on a daily basis.

So armed with Hareline's extensive catalog I decided to take the plunge, live dangerously as it were, and order up a bunch of stuff I really have no idea what the hell to do with but...I do vow to give one and all my best shot over winter and hopefully come spring find my fly boxes brimming with the latest, greatest in trout fly innovations. I even got a bunch a spiffy new fly boxes on the way from Umpqua, you know just to keep the pressure on...Stay tuned.

No comments:

Post a Comment