RANTINGS AND RAVINGS OF AN OLD MAN TRULY RUINED BY SPORT

Saturday, July 2, 2011

Fly Fishing: Big Big Hole Brookie...


...ranks as my biggest brookie ever from moving water in the U.S.. I have caught a few larger in lakes and in Canada. Since I have only been fishing brook trout for about 60 years would seem to reflect either a lack of talent, bad luck or...and this is of course my hope, just not all that many such brook trout swimming the countless creeks and rivers I have had the good fortune to explore all these many years. A quest that has taken me from Maine to Georgia...to Colorado, New Mexico, Montana, Idaho and Wyoming and perhaps another spot or two long forgotten.

The brookie, in case you are interested, ate my friend, Art Biven's Conehead Pumpkin Bugger creation in, what shall remain an undisclosed location in the Big Hole...OK somewhere between Notch Bottom and Jackson...And yes that is all you need to know...over and out...Chuck

No comments:

Post a Comment