RANTINGS AND RAVINGS OF AN OLD MAN TRULY RUINED BY SPORT

Thursday, August 18, 2011

Bird Hunting: Season Opener Just Around The Corner

Annie (6 months old) , fetching a Hun  is no longer a puppy but seasoned veteran...
...Hard to believe when the season opens September 1 she will be kick starting her fourth hunting season, like my how time does fly.  I can recall how not so long ago agonizing over how time just seemed to stall out between hunting seasons...Now it seems you blink about twice and another year has passed by. Another thing hard to get my head around is this will be my 55th bird season...Yikes, now there is a REALLY scary thought. Speaking scary now the other night as I tossed and turned trying my damnedest to fall asleep I tried naming all the bird dogs who have more or less owned me and well, sad but true, some just would not pop up...I can't for the life of me recall hardly any of my old hunting partners dogs...Oh well no big deal  I guess considering sometimes  I can't bring up their names either...And please don''t take it personal just is is all...

On another track been getting mixed reviews on the bird situation...For instance with the horrendous winter out in east Montana it was sort of a foregone conclusion the hunting would be grim, especially rooster-wise but now reports are coming in might not be quite the disaster we once thought...Idaho and Nevada chukar hunting is expected to be off the charts good...And in Arizona it looks like the Mearn's quail hunting might be pretty good...Don't know if we are up to dealing with the border issues go along with Mearn's hunting but...

As always time will tell and we will give it our best shot regardless...no real surprise there, eh?


No comments:

Post a Comment