RANTINGS AND RAVINGS OF AN OLD MAN TRULY RUINED BY SPORT

Tuesday, April 2, 2013

Montana Fly Fishing: Clark Canyon Update...

Unless you've been hiding under a rock you've no doubt heard the rave reviews given CCR's fab rainbow fishery; browns such as this one, my ol' buddy Al Lefor, lucked into awhile back though less well reviewed are nonetheless alive and well. But that's not what I wanted to tell you...

With the temps soaring of late well into the 50s and even 60s--68 this afternoon, imagine--as you would expect the big lake is thawing out fast--about 50% ice free would be my guess--the bite should be really crankin' but...As I learned long ago in the world of fly fishing "shoulda" is not a word you can hang high hopes on...In other words, this afternoon mighta shoulda been a hot time though it pains me to confess I managed to fool not a single trout--nada, nothing--but it was a nice day and after dealing with the TAXES last week or so, well like I've said before "who needs a silly ol' slimy trout...Right.

No comments:

Post a Comment