RANTINGS AND RAVINGS OF AN OLD MAN TRULY RUINED BY SPORT

Thursday, March 29, 2012

Fly Fishing: Redington Sonic Pro Waders...

...passed the intial river test with flying colors...sort of....On the plus side the waders appear as advertised sturdy, good fit--e.g. roomy but not too, feet fit, not too tight, not too loose, five layer construction in all the right places, built-in gravel guards an extension of the wader itself, not the sort of flimsy add-on some other high end waders I could mention sport but won't and assuming the no-stitch deal really does work so much the better. Last but not least they come at great price...again Sonic Pros retail for about the same as the un-named brands previously hinted wholesale...How good is that, eh?

The flip side, for me at least so far, starts and ends with the zipper model I did not really want in the first beginning but had no choice (a rant probably more the workings of an old man's addled mind than anything useful so no doubt not worth repeating). In other words I would like the waders a whole lot more without but as I say...

The day and the river being way too chilly for this ol' boy to sink hisself sufficient to submerge said zipper can't say one way the other as to leakage problem or lack thereof...Though based on the many reviews I've read seems not an issue so...Having said that I am old school enough not to trust such modern  innovations...more like an accident waiting to happen which of course would not be sans zipper...Oh well, as I say they passed the initial test, time as they say will tell the rest of the tale..over and out.

PS The nifty (my idea) little (#8 2X long) feather streamer aside the logo is a fly I have a thing about tying (who knows) and have for many years. Admittedly a touch less than perfect still it has over the years duped many victims but...alas, on this day, one the Big Hole trouts ignored completely...go figure...

No comments:

Post a Comment