RANTINGS AND RAVINGS OF AN OLD MAN TRULY RUINED BY SPORT

Thursday, June 28, 2012

Fly Fishing: Big Hole River...

Tuesday was indeed "a really bad day at the office." The wind started early and at times blew such it was hard to control the boat...later we learned gusts exceeded 60 mph with sustained wind around 35 mph. Needless to say Bob and Rob found casting flies difficult at best, out the question at worst. Somehow I managed to negotiate the rock garden below Wise River with nary a bump...well sort a nary anyway...and we did even manage to boat a trout or three...

Vowing to get even Wednesday morning started off a bit slow but then Craig started beaning trout and the hot bite continued all the way to the take out...one of the best days in recent memory neither of us have any idea how many but trust me a bunch felt the sting of his hook. We didn't land any real monsters but there were plenty of nice ones in the mix...and of course a few ubiquitous white fish joined the party. Dry/dropper, just in case you wondered and yes that is all the information I'm willing to part...


I've been playing around with shooting video on my Canon A640 and until now at least the colors have been more or less correct...Along with this short clip I shot three others that day all with same pink cast...Anyone know what's up I'd forever be beholdin'...

No comments:

Post a Comment