RANTINGS AND RAVINGS OF AN OLD MAN TRULY RUINED BY SPORT

Saturday, March 2, 2013

Montana Fly Fishing...



...as advertised temps yesterday soared into the mid 50s. Even up on the Big Hole at Maiden Rock the temperature reached 50, if only for a brief time. But even after the clouds rolled in still remained tolerable or would have weren't for the wind. No anemometer in the hip pocket I'd judge the gusts at around 25, sustained wind most afternoon around 15 or so. Anyways strong enough to kill off any chance at chucking midge emergers to rising trout--actually did not see a single rise though Gale did mention, "think I saw one." Thinking she meant "rise" I said, "where?" To which she shot me one those looks...how do I know, flying by...So no bugs, no risers, hellish wind, only thing left was to go to the dark side or...take a hike. Yet again showing our age I suppose you  might say we chose the latter...Oh well, maybe today...PS There is a surprising amount open water all the way from Glen to Maiden Rock...some spots lots ice piled on the edges, though some spots the ice is all but gone...hooray.

No comments:

Post a Comment