RANTINGS AND RAVINGS OF AN OLD MAN TRULY RUINED BY SPORT

Wednesday, May 18, 2011

Fly Fishing: Catching Fish is But a Small Part of It...

Gale caught a good one. Me? Well, what can I say? (chuckngalerobbins.com photo)

Yesterday I got skunked--again. So no real news there since more times than not this spring Clark Canyon has kicked my sorry butt...While I would like to know what the hell I don't intend to lose sleep over it. Baffling to me is not so much not catching fish except for one afternoon I'm not seeing fish.

Normally, as in every other spring, just about anyplace on the west side fish are cruising the banks, not this spring. At least not on my watches. Actually I haven't heard or seen anyone else knocking 'em dead either. So obviously there is something going on...What? I have not a clue. I have heard several excuses: too much water (yes the res is brimmin'); numbers way down (hard to argue although I can't for life of me come up with a reason why; when last spring seemed trout numbers in the lake were off the wall); too cold (hard to argue early on but of late? well it sure hasn't been balmy often but it really hasn't been all that cold); ice fishermen beaning way too many trout (seem like there were ice fishermen beaning trout forever so)...

So there you have it...if you got any startling revelations feel free I'm all ears...

No comments:

Post a Comment